Station chef (M/F) lekiend
Having been an important player in the Brussels horeca sector for 4 generations, we are running two restaurants : Au Vieux Saint-Martin (an established value in Brussels since 1968) and Au Grand Forestier. Our turnover is in constant rise. We are presently employing 40 people on a full-time basis. We are a small family business sharing important values and a strong company culture.
Currently we have a vacancy for a chef de partie (station chef – m/f).
Required skills and values:
– Qualification of an hotel & catering school and at least 5 years of experience in the horeca sector – Good command of French – Punctual, flexible, stress-resistant
– Neat personal appearance, always a smile
– Didactic skills ; eager to transmit craft knowledge
You will start as a chef de partie Cold. Once you have mastered the Cold, you will move to the Hot under the guidance of the Sous-chef and the Chef.
– Before service : caring for the mise-en-place and the preparation of food
– During service : preparing and finishing the dishes and securing a steady supply of dishes (of his line)
– Laying-out and arranging the food on plates or platters
– Assisting colleagues during peak periods.
– Leaving instructions with the commis (junior cooks)
– Checking stocks related to his station and transmitting orders to Sous-chef or Chef
– Controlling quality and freshness of food products
– After service : clearing his station and cleaning-up premises and working tools
– Beining responsible for complying with hygiene rules (HACCP) at his station
– Avoiding waste and raw material loss
We can offer you:
– Production tools almost new (eveything is suppied)
– A full-time job (38h/semaine)
– 1 hot meal at lunchtime, 1 cold meal in the evening
– Pleasant working atmosphere in young and dynamic team
– Career opportunities (Sous-chef and later on Chef).
– At least 3 « services coupés » a week