Having been an important player in the Brussels horeca sector for 4 generations, we are running two restaurants : Au Vieux Saint-Martin (an established value in Brussels since 1968) and Au Grand Forestier. Our turnover is in constant rise. We are presently employing 40 people on a full-time basis. We are a small family business sharing important values and a strong company culture.
Currently we have a vacancy for a waiter (chef de rang – m/f).
Required skills and values :
– Qualification hotel & catering school and/or at least 3 years of experience in the horeca sector
– Bilingual French/Dutch ; good workingt knowledge of English is an asset
-Punctual, flexible, stress-resistant
– Neat personal appearance, friendly, always a smile
– Welcoming guests as they arrive, taking their coats, hats, umbrellas…
– Setting the table with bread & butter and almonds/nuts/raisins
– Taking orders for food and drink and writing them down ; repeating orders to be sure
– Inputting orders in the cash register (doublechecking orders before sending them to the kitchen or the bar)
– Serving the drinks, serving the meals
– Proposing a dessert and/or a hot beverage
– After paying of the bill, helping guests find their coats, hats, umbrella’s
– After the service is complete, starting the usual table cleaning programme
!! In case of a problem with a customer, never try to settle it yourself, call immediately the person in charge. If the headwaiter is not present, clear food and/or beverage and serve new one(s).
We can offer you :
– A full-time job (38h/week)
– Workwear provided
– 1 hot meal at lunchtime, 1 cold meal in the evening
– Pleasant working atmosphere
– Wages depending on sales
– Career opportunities